If I ask you, where are you storing your valuable Bitcoins?
If your answer is a hardware wallet, then you have earned my respect. And, if your answer is an exchange wallet, then you seriously need to reconsider your decision.
Storing your valuable crypto assets in an exchange wallet is extremely risky, and the chances of losing funds are highest.
But, if you’re storing your crypto assets in an exchange wallet because acquiring a hardware wallet is costly. Or because desktop wallets don’t give you the flexibility to use your crypto on the go, then you share this concern with most of the crypto investors.
However, there are many secure options available to store your Bitcoins other than the exchange wallet and desktop wallet.
Using Android wallets serves the purpose and also lets you use it on the go. Above all, the Android wallets are entirely free to use.
Following are some of the best and popular Bitcoin wallet for Android.
Best Bitcoin Wallets For Android 2022
#1. Cash App
Cash App is a popular Bitcoin wallet service from Square, Inc, which is founded by Jack Dorsey, who is also the co-founder and CEO of Twitter.
It is compatible with all android devices and is the safest, secure, and free money app to send, spend, and invest your money. Some of the features of Cash App are:
- Instant sign up: Takes only a few minutes to download and complete the sign-up process
- Bitcoin: The easiest way to send, receive, sell, deposit, and withdraw Bitcoins. You track your holdings in realtime and can buy as little as $1.
- Instant transaction confirmation: Send, receive, or request money or crypto assets with just a few taps.
- Custom VISA debit card: You can order your VISA cash card and use it for making online transactions
- Stock investments: Allows buying and selling of popular US stocks with as little as $1 and can track it on a real-time basis.
One of the most trusted names in the cryptosphere, Coinbase wallet, allows safe and secure storage of BTC, ETH, LTC, BCH, ETC, XRP, and all ERC20 tokens.
The wallet also includes a Web3 DApp browser that helps to interact with other DApps powered by Ethereum. Some of the other powerful capabilities of Coinbase wallet are:
- Secure-user controlled crypto wallet: All funds and assets are stored securely on your device using secure element technology, and users remain in control of private keys.
- Back-up private keys: Can back-up your crypto wallet’s private keys to Google Drive, that helps you to avoid losing access to your funds
- Crypto payment: Enables sending and receiving cryptocurrency payments anywhere in the world.
#3. Blockchain Wallet
Blockchain wallet is a popular non-custodial wallet with over 38 million wallets in over 140 countries. The wallet supports transactions in BTC, BCH, ETH, XLM, and PAX with industry-leading low fees.
Security measures incorporated in the wallets are:
- You remain in control of your private keys
- Biometric authentication or 4-digit PIN
- Advanced two-factor authentication
- Secure backup and recovery with a 12-word backup phrase
- Hierarchical deterministic address architecture for increased transaction privacy
- Server-side entropy for maximum randomness
- Can buy and sell bitcoin in 36 countries and exchange one crypto with another
- Historical price charts
- Simple and easy user interface
- Global support with 21 languages
#4. Electrum Wallet
Apart from being a leading cryptocurrency desktop wallet, Electrum is also counted in the list of most popular Bitcoin wallets for Androids.
Some of the advanced security features integrated into the wallet are:
- The private keys are encrypted and never leaves your device
- The wallet can be recovered using a secret 12-word phrase key, in case access to the wallet is lost
- Keeps your private key data offline (cold-storage) and go online with watching-only mode
Other features include:
- It uses servers that index the Bitcoin blockchain making it fast
- Allows to export the private key and use it in any other wallet you wish
- Verifies all transactions in your history using SPV
- The Electrum servers are decentralized and redundant which ensures zero downtime
#5. Blockstream Green Wallet
Blockstream Green is another great option to store your Bitcoins conveniently and securely without compromising on control over the funds. The wallet offers a long list of features to its users, making it hard for any wallet users to ignore.
- Unmatched security: It uses an innovative multi-signature model, which uses dual private keys. One is stored in the wallet server, and the user holds another one. This allows enforcing 2FA to protect the funds and ensure users are always in control of funds.
- Hardware wallet support: Support full integration of Trezor One and Ledger Nano S
- Watch-only mode: You can keep an eye on the bitcoin balances while on the go and receive payments without even requiring to grant permissions
- Fee control: Transactions costs are kept low using SegWit and customizable fees
- Multilingual global support: Provides support through the world’s most spoken languages
#6. Coinomi Wallet
Coinomi is one of the most trusted wallets supporting over 1000 tokens, altcoins & stablecoins, including the major ones like BTC, ETH, LTC, BCH, etc. It is also considered one of the most secure android wallet integrating the highest standard of security into the wallet.
- Private keys remain in the device secured with strong wallet encryption and cryptographic guarantee
- No KYC to access your funds, no IP association, no identity linking, and transaction tracking
- Through hierarchical deterministic approach (BIP44) allows recovering your funds securely with just one super-passphrase
Other features include
- The built-in exchange allows converting between assets within the app
- Streamlined UX enables to use your altcoin to pay directly to bitcoin addresses and vice versa
- Custom & dynamic fee structure enables you to get the best value for money from each transaction
- Multi-lingual 24*7 customer support
Now you have gone through some of the best Android wallets for Bitcoin; I would like to hear from you which one you would prefer. All the wallet options discussed here uses industry best standard for security and privacy.
If you are still looking for more Bitcoin Android wallet options, there is no shortage. But selecting the most secure wallet is what matters the most.
Do let me know your thoughts in the comments below 🙂
- 11 Best Crypto Friendly Banks [2022 Updated] - August 6, 2022
- Best Crypto Payment Gateway Processor You Can Use in 2022 - August 2, 2022
- 6 TradingView Alternatives For Crypto & Forex Market  - July 22, 2022