YouHodler vs Celsius: Which One To Use In 2020

Written By

For any new financial system to become successful, the two most important factors are how efficiently it can transfer value from one holder to another, and how well it creates value. And, for cryptos, these concerns were natural when it was tossed up as the currency of the future.

Since its humble beginning in 2009, cryptocurrencies have evolved a lot and proved its efficiency in transferring value. And, now as we are moving forward, a new form of the crypto economy is evolving, i.e., crypto lending.

At present, many platforms support crypto lending or Bitcoin lending, but today in this blog, we will review two popular and relatively new crypto lending platforms, YouHodler and Celsius.

Introduction: YouHodler vs Celsius

Update: Have been looking into YouHodler – a crypto lending service that is appearing to be more lucrative as their interest rates are better with the highest LTV rations and a plethora of cryptocurrencies to choose from.

Make sure to get your $25 as a welcome bonus reward when you take a loan worth $100 or more using this promo link of ours.

YouHodler [non-US Users] is a Swiss-based crypto lending platform that provides fiat (USD, EUR), crypto (BTC), and stablecoin (USDC, USDT, TUSD, PAX) loans, all backed by the user’s crypto holdings. Apart from crypto lending, YouHodler also offers crypto to crypto, crypto to fiat conversion, and high-yielding saving accounts.

To date, YouHodler has processed loans worth over $20 million and has served over 10,000 customers worldwide. You can read our detailed review of Youhodler here.

Celsius [Supports US Users too] is a relatively new platform that was founded in 2017, providing members with curated services that traditional financial institutions fail to provide. Its mission is not to be just a crypto or bitcoin lending platform, but to connect the next 100 million people to a financial system (cryptocurrency), who are still not connected to banking yet.

In a short period, Celsius has achieved many milestones with deposits exceeding $300 million in value and over $4.2 billion in coin loan origination.

It has its own token CEL, which powers the network and gives members exclusive access to some premium features of the Celsius network. To provide greater returns to members, the Celsius network gives back 80% profit to the community, and the rest 20% is invested back in the company. You can always check out our complete Celsius Network review for more details.

Features of YouHodler

Crypto loans

  • Supports 12 top crypto coins as collateral 
  • Instant credit card and bank withdrawals
  • Up to 90% loan-to-value ratio
  • Flexible loan tenure and loan-to-value ratio options


The Turbocharge feature lets you borrow up to 6.5X  funds against your collateralized fund. Through the Turbocharge feature, the platform sets a series of borrowing activity, in which the borrowed funds from the first loan is used to buy more crypto and get another loan. The process is repeated from 3 to 10 times, depending on your requirements.

In case of a bull run, which is quite usual in the cryptosphere, there is a Set Take Profit price, you can use it to repay the fees and take the rest of your cryptos.

Crypto deposits

  • Earn interest up to 12% per annum on deposits of BTC, BNB, USDT, USDC, TUSD, and PAX
  • Monthly interest payout on deposits
  • Users fund are protected by YouHodler’s $1 million security fund 

Multi HODL 

The feature allows you to multiply your crypto funds in the fastest way possible without taking a significant risk. For this, YouHodler uses The Barbell Strategy, where 80% of funds are kept safe in a savings account, with zero risks. And, the rest 20% of your fund is invested in speculative bets and high-risk/high-reward investments. The strategy has a maximum upside of 150% and a limited downside of up to 50%.

YouHodlers claims that the Multi HODL feature can deliver a potential profit of up to 1000%.

Features of Celsius Network

Cash loans

  • Allows borrowing funds against seven different crypto assets including BTC, ETH, BCH, XRP, LTC, DASH, and EOS
  • Flexible loan to value ratio of 25%, 33%, and 50%
  • Interest rate starting at 3.47% APR
  • Up to 3 years loan term
  • Option to pay interest with CEL token (recommended) and with fiat currency
  • Zero fees and penalties on prepayment

Earn Crypto

  • Can earn up to 12% APY on over 25 top cryptocurrencies 
  • No minimum deposit policy
  • No lock-up period and have access to all your funds anytime
  • Earn interest on your favorite currency and earn more while taking interest payment in CEL token


It is a money transfer application that lets you send and receive cryptos for free. CelPay supports all major cryptocurrencies and allows you to send funds in just three steps, making it super easy and quick.

How YouHodler crypto-backed loans work?

YouHodler acts as a pawnshop that accepts top-14 cryptos as collateral for giving fiat loans to customers. In the first step, you need to transfer cryptos to your YouHodler wallet.

Following the successful transfer of cryptos, the loan approval takes seconds and the amount depends on the prevailing price of the crypto asset. Following approval, you instantly receive USD, EUR, USDT, or BTC on your account. 

The cash withdrawals options are:

  • Bank wire withdrawals via SEPA and SWIFT
  • Supports credit card withdrawal to your MasterCard and VISA
  • Crypto withdrawals through YouHodler’s integrated exchange

Repayments are as simple as getting a loan. You can repay using your credit card, stablecoin, or bank account to get your collateralized cryptos back.  There are no fees involved in deposits and withdrawals from your YouHodler account.

How does the Celsius Network work?

Celsius works just like any other crypto exchange platform, where you need to create an account and verify your identity. Following completion, transfer the funds or crypto assets into your Celsius wallet. 

Once your wallet is updated, you can gain access to the interest-earning feature or can raise a loan against your crypto deposits. The website also features two interest calculators, one for calculating the interest payments on your crypto deposits for different tenure. And, another one for calculating the interest component on the borrowed sum for different loan tenure. 

Countries where YouHodler and Celsius doesn’t provide service

YouHodler doesn’t provide support for customers from the United States of America and the People’s Republic of China.

Celsius Network doesn’t work in Cuba, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, Iran, Lebanon, and other territories identified as involving high compliance risks. Other countries where Celsius services cannot be accessed by users residing in Japan, New Zealand, Israel.

The Celsius Network services are also not available in some states of the US, including. Visit this link and read the footnote to check whether Celsius services are available in your region. 


Both YouHodler and Celsius are innovative lending platforms with unique capabilities. There are no clear winners. Celsius is fast and simple, which makes it a preferred choice among users, and the number supports the fact.

However, in terms of features and functionalities, YouHodler takes the lead and allows users to take the maximum benefits of their crypto assets.  If you’re in a fix between the two, compare both the option and select the one which suits your needs.

Sudhir Khatwani

Hey there! I am Sudhir Khatwani, an IT bank professional turned into a cryptocurrency and blockchain proponent from Pune, India. Cryptocurrencies and blockchain will change human life in inconceivable ways and I am here to empower people to understand this new ecosystem so that they can use it for their benefit. You will find me reading about cryptonomics and eating if I am not doing anything else.

Leave a Comment