Are you confused between Bybit and Crypto.com? Need help deciding which among them will be the best choice for you? Don’t worry. I gotcha.
Considering their similarity, it is essential to distinguish them from their core and choose the ultimate crypto exchange that will be best for you.
That is why I have come up with the most sensible, simple and in-depth comparison.
Let’s start with a basic comparison of these two crypto exchanges quickly.
Bybit vs Crypto.com: At a Glance Comparison
Starting with Bybit, one of the most advanced cryptocurrency exchanges that captured the market’s attention with a click, was introduced in 2018 and is registered in the British Virgin Islands with headquarters in Singapore.
The exchange currently holds over 10 million users and offers a wide range of crypto trading products and assets.
Bybit is the best option for users looking for advanced trading options and security. The attractive charting system and lightning-fast trading engine are one of the key highlights of this exchange. To sign up on the exchange you can use ByBit referral code 5143 to enjoy deposit bonus.
On the other hand, Crypto.com is two years older than Bybit, founded in 2016 with headquarters in Singapore.
Crypto.com comes with one of the widest ranges of crypto assets with the best customer support and ultra-wide order types, which are some of the USPs of this exchange.
This advanced crypto trading exchange offers its products across the spot, margin, and futures and gives you a wide range of crypto derivatives to trade with, which I will tell you about now.
Bybit vs Crypto.com: Trading Markets, Products & Leverage Offered
Now answering the question you were waiting for, what are the choices available for me to trade in?
Answering right away.
Beginning with Bybit offers a pretty huge variety of trading products which are:
- Spot Trading: Buy and sell a wide range of cryptos instantly, which are settled in USDT, USDC, BTC, DAI, and EUR.
- Leverage Trading: Maximum leverage of up to 100x.
- Bybit Earn: Get high yields of up to 18% on your crypto holdings.
- Options Trading: Diversify your trades with BTC, ETH and SOL options.
- Trading Bot: Offers the most essential trading bots, including spot grid, DCA, and futures grid bots.
- Copy Trading: Highest ROI with a win rate of more than 20%.
- P2P Trading: 40+ fiat currencies and 400+ payment methods supported.
- Futures Trading: The following are the types of futures contracts available on Bybit:
- Inverse Perpetual Contracts: BTC/USD, ETH/USDT, EOS/USD and many more.
- Linear Perpetual Contracts: BTC/USD, ETH/USD, LTC/USDT, DOT/USDT.
- Inverse Futures Contracts: BTC/USD quarterly.
Coming to Crypto.com, they are pretty wide in their product offerings as well; these are:
- Spot Trading: Buy and sell a long list of cryptos at their real-time price.
- Leverage Trading: Maximum leverage of up to 20x.
- Crypto Staking: Upto 12.5% of rewards to lock up your crypto.
- Crypto Earn: 12.5% optimized rewards per annum.
- OTC trading Exchange: Execute large block orders and receive custom quotes instantly.
Verdict: Though both these exchanges are quite similar when it comes to product offerings, Bybit is a step ahead, making it the winner in this segment.
Bybit vs Crypto.com: Supported Cryptocurrencies
Bybit crypto exchange offers a long list of crypto assets, including all your favourite ones like BTC, ETH, USDT, EOS, DOGE, and XRP, counting over 119 of them.
They seamlessly integrate into all the exchange’s trading products and order types.
In contrast, Crypto.com offers an ultra-wide range of crypto assets, counting to more than 250+, which is pretty impressive considering how young this exchange is.
Verdict: Crypto.com has a wider crypto-asset offering, making it the winner in this segment.
Bybit vs Crypto.com: Trading Fee & Deposit/Withdrawal Fee Compared
|Spot Trading||Perpetual & Futures Trading|
|Taker Fee Rate||Maker Fee Rate||Taker Fee Rate||Maker Fee Rate|
- Deposit and Withdrawal Fees
There are no deposit fees charged on Bybit for trading; however, there is a pretty minimal withdrawal fee:
- Trading Fees
Trading Fees on Crypto.com follows a maker-taker fee structure and are further categorised for regular clients and VIP tiers based on your 30 days trading volume.
For Regular Clients
|30D TRADING VOLUME (USD)||MAKER||
|$0 – $25,000||0.4%||0.4%|
|$25,001 – $50,000||0.35%||0.35%|
|Level 3||$50,001 – $100,000||0.15%||
|$100,001 – $250,000||0.1%||0.16%|
|Level 5||$250,001 – $1,000,000||0.09%||
|$1,000,001 – $20,000,000||0.08%||0.14%|
|Level 7||$20,000,001 – $100,000,000||0.07%||
|$100,000,001 – $200,000,000||0.06%||0.12%|
|Level 9||$200,000,001 and above||0.04%||
For VIP Tiers
|30D TRADING VOLUME (USD)||MAKER||TAKER|
|VIP 1||> 1% of exchange volume||0.020%||
|> 2% of exchange volume||0.010%||0.030%|
|VIP 3||> 3% of exchange volume||0.000%||
- Deposit and Withdrawal Fees
You don’t need to pay any deposit fees if you are a user on the platform, but if you withdraw crypto, there is a minimal fee charged depending on the crypto asset.
There are also additional discounts if you lock up your crypto coins for a time period by which you can earn interest on those coins.
Verdict: Both exchanges have pretty competitive fee structures. To select one among them, Bybit has a slightly more affordable and easily understandable fee structure.
Bybit vs Crypto.com: Order Types
Let’s talk now about the different order types through which you can make your trades profitable.
- Market Order
- Limit Order
- Stop-Limit Order
Conditional/ Advanced Order Types
- Stop-Entry Order
- Stop-Loss Order
- Take Profit Order
- Market Order
- Limit Order
Advanced Order Types
- Stop-Loss Limit/ Stop-Loss Market
- Take-Profit Limit/ Take-Profit Market
- One-Cancels-The-Other Order (OCO) Limit/OCO Market
Verdict: Both of these exchanges are pretty similar when it comes to ordering types, and therefore it’s a tie in this segment.
Bybit vs Crypto.com: KYC Requirements & KYC Limits
KYC is mandatory on Bybit if you want complete access on the exchange. However, the platform gives you an option to trade anonymously but with limited access.
When you sign up on Bybit with just your email address and a secure password, your account is acknowledged under level 0. Subsequently, submit a government-issued document (passport/ID) and facial recognition screening.
To be verified under level 2, you must submit proof of residence. You can submit these documents by clicking the “Account & Security” tab and then the “Verify Now” option.
It requires at least 48 hours to access and verify the documents, and then you can trade with unlimited access.
On the other hand, KYC is mandatory on Crypto.com to be compatible with US norms. There is no option for anonymous trading here, but don’t worry; your privacy will certainly be taken care of on Crypto.com.
The KYC procedures require you to enter your complete legal name matching the government-issued ID that you’ll need to submit eventually and a clear selfie.
The complete account opening procedure will be solely directed through Crypto.com’s own servers so that there is no chance of privacy breach. The entire verification and account opening process may take a maximum of 3 business days.
And don’t worry; you will be provided real-time tracking of your verification process, making your experience more informed and worry-free.
Bybit vs Crypto.com: Deposits & Withdrawal Options
Bybit offers two types of deposit and withdrawal methods, these are:
- Method 1: Through 59 different fiat currencies and the payments are handled by the industry’s most trusted third-party payment providers like Mercury, Paxful, Simplex, MoonPay, XanPool and Banxa.
- Method 2: Direct crypto transfers from your account wallet as well as direct Interac transfers.
On Crypto.com, you can directly initiate a deposit or withdrawal by linking your fiat wallet. You can even transfer funds via e-transfer from your bank accounts. However, your bank may charge a processing fee for doing it.
Bybit vs Crypto.com: Trading & Platform Experience Comparison
Now let’s discuss what trading functionalities you will get on Bybit are.
The trading engine is capable of processing 100,000 transactions per second. ByBit comes with in built TradingView that allows you to access top-notch trading features at your fingertips.
It also comes with a dual price mechanism for preventing unfair liquidation of positions. Moreover, it has a robust API that precisely refreshes the market data every 20ms. To learn more about the exchange, check ByBit tutorial.
Crypto.com also offers TradingView by default allowing you real-time analysis and predictions readily on the exchange. There is also a seamlessly working mobile application that comes with all features and functions as on its web portal.
The charting tools are easy to use but are pretty simple and need to provide you with more data. However, there is always the option of TradingView to refer to.
Bybit vs Crypto.com: How to get started?
Now that you have made up your mind to trade on Bybit, let me tell you how it’s done:
- Click the “Create an account” tab on the top right corner of the webpage.
- Enter your valid email address, phone number and password. Accept the terms and conditions, then confirm that you are not a US citizen.
- Click the ‘Register’ button, and then your account registration process is complete as soon as you click the confirmation link sent to your registered email address.
If you choose Crypto.com to go with, follow the steps below:
- Visit the home page and click the Sign-Up button on the right-hand corner of the window.
- Follow the onscreen instructions and provide the necessary information. Your email ID will be used to send a confirmation link, and your date of birth and country of residence will help verify your eligibility.
- Click on the ‘Continue’ button. An email confirmation containing an OTP (one-time password) will be sent to your registered email.
- Enter the OTP and create your password for the Exchange and click ‘Submit’.
- Now verify your phone number, and select the area code of your country from the dropdown list. You will be sent an SMS with the verification code. Enter the code in the respective field, then select ‘Submit.’
- Now, you will be redirected to the page and boom! you are registered on Crypto.com.
Bybit vs Crypto.com: Customer Support
When it comes to customer support, Bybit is nowhere behind; with helpful and designated support available 24×7 via live chat and email, your concerns will always be taken care of.
There is also a huge database of FAQs and Bybit Learn, where you can find answers to most of your questions and learn about different trading tools.
Crypto.com, on the other hand, offers support via its help page, email and live chat as well. There is no phone support, but the live chat is pretty responsive, and the support representatives are ready to help you 24/7.
Bybit vs Crypto.com: Security Features
When it comes to security features, Bybit is like a fortress for sure. It stores the majority of your crypto holdings in cold wallets with an advanced encryption system. It also comes with default security features like:
- Crypto asset consolidation
- Monitoring, Operations & Audits
- Two Factor Authentication
- SSL encryption
Similarly, Crypto.com also offers a high-end security system through its partnership with Ledger offering an Institutional grade custody solution through Ledger Vault.
It keeps 100% of your crypto assets in cold storage wallets, so you don’t have to worry about losing your funds.
Additionally, Crypto.com uses HSM (Hardware Security Modules and multi-signature technologies to provide you with additional security. On top of that, there are some default features also implemented, some of them are:
- Multi-Factor authentication
- Address Whitelisting
- Bug Bounty
Is Bybit safe & Legal to Use?
Without a doubt, Bybit is one of the safest and legally approved crypto exchanges in the crypto market today. With the security features this platform comes with and the reputable customer service this exchange offers, your funds are always secure with Bybit.
Is Crypto.com safe & Legal to Use?
Safety and security are not at all a joke on Crypto.com. It is one of the most advanced and highly rated crypto exchanges, with not a single case of a security breach on this exchange.
Additionally, Crypto.com is also FDIC insured with a cover of USD 100 million. That’s how you know this exchange is for sure a safe and legitimate crypto exchange.
Conclusion: Why not use both?
Both Bybit and Crypto.com are some of the best, renowned and similar day trading crypto exchanges in the Crypto market currently. Both of them offer a wide range of assets as well as trading products.
Using both of these exchanges for quite a while now and testing them to their core, I liked both of them.
For beginners, Crypto.com will be a good choice as it is equipped with all the essential tools and charts in the simplest way to get your journey started. Advanced traders should definitely choose Bybit for its advanced-level capabilities.
Apart from this, the significant difference that separates the two is their availability in the US. Bybit is not available in the US, so if you wish to trade in the US, Crypto.com will be your best choice.
So, get out there, click on the link I have provided you for exciting offers and start your trading journey now!
Check out how Bybit & Crypto.com compares to other cryptocurrency exchanges: