Cryptohopper and 3Commas are the two most popular crypto trading bot platforms in the marketplace and lead the segment. For many, it’s difficult to pick one from the lot as both are loaded with features and give access to a diverse range of automated tools making crypto trading a lot easier.
Considering this and to make your task easy to determine which platform stands out, let’s do a comparison of both and find the positives and negatives of each platform.
Cryptohopper VS 3Commas: Overview
Cryptohopper was founded in July 2017 and is headquartered in Amsterdam, Netherland. Started by two brothers, Ruud Feltkamp, a successful day trader, and Pim Feltkamp, a web developer. The platform has a registered user base of over 229,000 users.
It is a fee-based platform specializing in automated bot trading, advanced trading signals, exchange arbitrage, mirror trading, strategy designer, backtesting, and many more.
3Commas is a Vancouver, Canada headquartered platform founded in 2017 by Yuriy Sorokin and has a registered user base of over 220,000 users.
The platform is known for its smart trading terminal and range of auto trading bots that includes simple automated trading tools for executing simple trading strategies. The platform is built to meet the unique trading requirement of every type of trader including the beginners.
Crypto Exchanges Supported
Both platforms support trading in different exchanges through API integration.
Cryptohopper supports 13 leading global exchanges including HitBTC, OKEx, KuCoin, Binance, Coinbase Pro, Kraken, Huobi, etc.
Whereas, 3Commas supports 23 best crypto exchanges including Bittrex, Bitmex, Coinbase Pro, Binance, KuCoin, Kraken, and many more.
Winner: 3Commas offers a wide range of choices to its users.
Trading Tools/Platform Features
- Cryptohopper’s platform feature includes:
Automatic Trading: With the help of 130+ indicators and candlestick patterns, Cryptohopper uses pure analysis to drive its trading decision. You can easily set up the trading bot within 5 min and start trading. And, simultaneously it can track up to 75 coins and apply the trading strategies.
Strategy Designer: You can customize a trading strategy (hopper) using a wide collection of indicators and 90+ candle patterns. Also, using multiple indicators, you can carve out your own trading strategies.
Paper trading/ Backtesting: Paper trading lets you check the effectiveness of your customized hopper with zero risks and without the use of real funds.
Risk management: The trailing features help to limit your loss through trailing stop-loss, trailing stop-buy, trailing stop-short features.
The Marketplace: As a professional trader, you can become a seller of your trading strategies, can integrate third-party signal providers into the platform (mirror trading), advanced strategies, and offers real-time performance reports for crypto signals and seller ratings.
Trading Bots/Tools: It offers two types of trading bots, arbitrage and market makers bot.
Under the Arbitrage Bot feature, there are two options, exchange arbitrage, and market arbitrage. In the exchange arbitrage, the hopper searches for arbitrage opportunities between exchanges. And, in market arbitrage, also called triangular arbitrage, the hopper searches for arbitrage opportunities from the price differences between pairs on the exchange itself.
Other trading tools/bots available, trailing stop loss, scalp trading, positive pair trading, triggers, dollar-cost averaging, short selling, searching for targets.
- 3Commas offers mostly automatic trading bots and offers a range of trading tools.
Smart Trading Terminal: The platform allows you to optimize your trading process using different features like take profit and stop-loss order feature, take profit and stop-loss trailing order feature, sell-by multiple targets, trade signals from TradingView, etc.
Automated Trading: It includes tools like a simple bot that runs on a single pair, a composite bot for multiple trading pairs, long algorithm, short algorithm, custom TradingView signals, CQS scalping, TA presets, and copy other bots on the platform.
Portfolio Management: You can create a portfolio with any coin amounts, balancing your portfolio by maintaining an ideal coin ratio, and can check the performance of other 3Commas users.
Winner: 3Commas offers more flexibility and through using custom build signals and composite bots, can execute more complex trading strategies.
Cryptohopper offers four account types including a free account package.
- Pioneer: A free account type with access to strategy builder, portfolio management, 130+ indicators and candlesticks, strategy backtesting, and manual trading. No access to the automated trading feature.
- Explorer: A starter pack costs $19 per month. Including the features offered in the Pioneer pack, Explorer lets you manage up to 80 positions in 15 different coins, provide access to automated and copy trading features, backtesting, TA with 10 minutes interval, etc.
- Adventurer: Suitable for professional traders, the pack costs $49 per month. The pack allows you to take up to 200 positions in 50 different coins, 5 triggers, TA with 5 minutes interval, automated trading, exchange arbitrage, etc.
- Hero: Suitable for high-frequency traders, the pack costs $99 per month. Under this account type, you get access to all the features of the platform including the beta versions.
3Commas has three account types and doesn’t offer a free account. The three account types are:
- Starter: The pack costs $14.50 per month and offers smart trading terminals for both spot and futures markets, concurrent take profit and stop-loss features for risk management, and short and long trade algorithms. The pack doesn’t offer access to automated trading.
- Advanced: Billed $24.50 monthly, the pack provides access to all the features of the platform but with limited access to automated trading. It includes a simple bot, short algorithm, long algorithm, and view and copy bots.
- Pro: A premium account type that costs $49.50 monthly and offers access to all the trading tools and features of the platform. The platform also offers a 3 days free trial period in this account type and a free educational course.
Winner: 3Commas has an edge over Cryptohopper and the pricing structure is also affordable.
Cryptohopper has a great support system in place that includes a live chat feature (mostly replies within 5 min), email-based ticketing, and a knowledge base, having articles about the platform features, common errors, and hoppers (bots).
3Commas offers a live chat feature, having a response time of under 10 minutes, email support, and a knowledge base listing all articles about the platform features and bot trading.
Winner: Cryptohopper has a responsive customer support team and an extensive knowledge base.
Conclusion: Which is Better: Cryptohopper or 3Commas?
Both Cryptohopper and 3Comma offer a high level of efficiency in the trading bot segment and has a very thin layer of difference between them. The platforms are rich in features and have been the standards for the trading bot platforms.
The only visible difference lies in the number of exchange supported and the pricing plan, which I think, 3Commas has an edge.
Overall, there is no clear winner in this comparison guide, and it is up to users, which platform suits their trading requirements, or trading profile.